Photography is not all about moving out in a place, holding camera in hand and clicking random images. It’s an art and a person that holds the passion can become an adept photographer. Well, every profession or practice has some basics to learn. Same way, Photography too has some elementary concepts that must be learned. Firstly, it is important to know what a Camera is. Well, a camera is a sensitive machine that is used for capturing images. As it is just a machine, it is bound to follow your instructions. It’s all up to the tactics and art of photographer on how he takes pictures and put life in his work.
Camera is not all about the click button that is punched when you want to take a picture. There are many other elements involved that must be learned. Let us take a look at the inside story of Camera and Photography.
Before beginning, I would like to say that if you are learning photography and best usage of a camera, it is quite necessary for you to have camera control, how to make angels in taking a picture and complete know-how about different modes of camera, along-with its usage. Every digital camera has certain modes such as macro, panoramic, back-lighting, etc. that enhance your photography and let you take best pictures. To learn best usage of all these modes, you can refer the guidebook that comes along-with every cameras device.
DSLR cameras are best suited for perfect photography. Given the smartness of device and its capability to manage several things simultaneously, these cameras are simply idyllic for epic photography. You need to master all the elements. DSLR cameras that are available in market are entirely automated. It helps you escape the trouble of making adjustments. Still there are numerous elements that must be kept in control while taking photographs with DSLR range.
Now, before I move further, I would like to share a tip of caution: With your camera in hand, firstly check few things such as focusing system of your camera. It is extremely necessary as it is the only ingredient to cook most scrumptious photographs, regardless of the type of photography.
- Automatic Mode Photography: Most of the digital cameras work on automatic mode. In this mode, focus is made itself and you just have to click. While taking a shot of a moving object, you don’t have to manually make focus by changing lenses. Only sub-modes must be selected such as night mode while taking pictures at night. All other settings are automatically done according to the sub-mode. However, automatic Mode helps you to escape the trouble of making different settings and focus manually.
- Elemental Yet Prime Areas of Significance: It is quite casual that we overlook some elemental yet significant points. Same way, there are many such things that don’t seem to have much relevance but they do. For instance, it is imperative to check the battery of camera, whether it’s full or not before taking it to photography expedition. After making these minute checkups, set your camera to automatic mode and you are all set for photography session.
Next matter of significance is Lighting and its basics. To become a professional photographer, you need to understand basics about lighting and its essential settings.
- Backlighting: Backlighting is basically the rays of light coming from subject’s background. Light may be from sun or any other artificial mean. If you are not able to control the requisite of backlighting then you will end up with a disastrous session of photography. Images will be either burnt or over-exposed. You can overcome backlighting issues by using fill-flash.
- Diffused Lighting: Sometimes the light outside is very harsh, destroying the magnificence of image. Harsh light must be softened and for that, you must minimize the contrast. Professional says that, this type of lighting is not suitable for perfect photography. This kind of problems usually arises while taking photographs of landscapes and nature. It is recommended to visit these places at some other hour of the day when lighting conditions are suitable.
- Framing: Being a concept of elemental study of photography, it is imperative to learn about Framing. You need to frame the main subject before you can go ahead and click button to take photograph. If you don’t frame the subject then you will end up taking blur, hazy and distorted images. Once you take your subject in frame, you can then zoom-it by using digital zoom or optical zoom (as required). Once your subject is at right frame, simply click the image. Sometimes, besides using frames, sometimes you don’t find satisfying end results. You can overcome these problems through improvisations and testing controls.
So readers, it was all about the primary chapters about photography. Hope you find them interesting and resourceful.